Marketplace Lending, Financial Analysis, and the Future of Credit: Integration, Profitability and Risk Management
Marketplace Lending, Financial Analysis, and the Future of Credit explains why established financial credit institutions and banks need to step up innovation within the financial technology arena. At the same time, platforms in marketplace lending—synonymous with peer-to-peer lending or crowd lending—need to further improve the transparency, analytics and risk management tools for investors to guarantee the safety and sustainability of the sector. The book offers ways for FinTech lenders to analyze and mitigate financial risks of marketplace loans and provide robust analytics to institutional and private investors with exposure to marketplace loans.
Marketplace lenders are steadily growing within the financial market and are predicted to hold $1 trillion of the sector by 2025. Integrating marketplace lending into established credit institutions could strengthen the financial sector as a whole and could lead to the incorporation of stronger risk and profitability management strategies. Marketplace Lending, Financial Analysis, and the Future of Credit is a critical text that bridges the gap in understanding between financial technology entrepreneurs and established credit institutions.
The book encompasses printed guidance and digital ancillaries for those investing in marketplace loans, those working in FinTech startups, those in charge of innovation in established credit institutions, and market regulators. Readers access a framework for applying innovative strategies in lending and credit services and stress test and analyze portfolios comprising marketplace loans.
- Understand how the rise of FinTech fits within the current financial system
- Follow discussion of the current status quo and role of innovation in the financial industry and consider the financial technology innovation landscape from the perspective of an entrepreneur
- Explore business models of online lenders
- Explore the inner workings and processes of established financial credit institutions
- Navigate the information organised into three subject areas: describing a new business model, knowledge integration, and proposing a new model for the Hybrid Financial Sector
The book also includes a software to analyze and stress-test portfolios of marketplace loans. See an overview of the software here: